Michigan Snowmobile Association
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the Michigan Snowmobile Association (MSA) is the voice of over 380,000 registered Michigan snowmobilers, and more than 100,000 out-of-state riders.
MSA publishes a monthly magazine, September through March, called Michigan Snowmobile News, which is mailed to our members and read by the entire snowmobiling community. MSA supports the Safe Riders! You Make Snowmobiling Safe™ Campaign, and spearheaded the Zero Tolerance program — which urges snowmobilers not to consume any alcohol while operating a snowmobile – the first program of its kind in the United States.
Mission Statement of the Michigan Snowmobile Association:
Our Pledge to Our Members:
- To develop a common appreciation, understanding, and knowledge of the sport of snowmobiling in the State of Michigan.
- To facilitate the distribution and exchange of information regarding the sport of snowmobiling, including with out imitation, matters pertaining to snowmobiling safety and general education and knowledge about the sport.
- To act as a resource and distribution point for information and knowledge which furthers the safety of snowmobiling and for the safety of the public in general.
Our Pledge to Our Sport:
- To lend support to any and all non-profit snowmobile organizations within the State of Michigan when it is requested as long as it in in the best interest of the Association to do so, and as long as this support does not violate any of the restrictions of the Articles of Incorporation or the Bylaws of the Association.
- To serve the interests of all snowmobile owners within the purview of the purposes of the incorporation as stated in the Articles of Incorporation.
Our Pledge to the Citizens of Michigan:
The Michigan Snowmobile Association has adopted a zero tolerance policy with regard to the consumption of any alcohol by individuals while operating a snowmobile. Our Association is proud to represent those responsible riders who respect Michigan’s environment, appreciate the rights of other riders, and interact courteously with motorists and private citizens.
WHAT IS THE MICHIGAN SNOWMOBILE ASSOCIATION?
The Michigan Snowmobile Association (MSA) is a volunteer organization, formed from three different organizations in 1982, dedicated to the improvement of the sport of snowmobiling in Michigan. Membership of MSA is made up of individuals, clubs/councils, and businesses. MSA currently has over 20,000 members. MSA serves not just the membership, but also the entire snowmobiling community.
Snowmobile trails in Michigan are open from December 1st through March 31st.
The Michigan Snowmobile Association is a volunteer organization dedicated to the improvement of the sport of snowmobiling in Michigan.